- Teenage burglar with electronic tag pulls a fast one on G4S security official
- Rich Manhattan moms hire handicapped tour guides so kids can cut lines at Disney World
- Thief who fell off getaway van loses bid for damages from DRIVER'S insurers
- Bacon Bacon aroma set to end
- Listening to Sad Songs heals the blues
- Swedish Man Dies After Trying to Have Sex With Hornet Nest
- FDNY Rescues NYPD Officer Trying To Rescue Cat From A Tree
- Texas Congressman Holding Contest for Free AR-15 Assault Rifle
- Sir Richard Branson dresses as an air stewardess after losing bet
- New book teaches children ABCs of Buffetts Berkshire Hathaway
gothamist.com – NYC, NY - Every hungry roommate knows that if you just steal a tiny bit at a time, NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW. But occasionally you can take it too far, and somebody comes home from work and kicks your door in because there wasn't quite enough soy milk left for the precious bowl of Cracklin' Oat Bran they were LOOKING FORWARD TO ALL DAY. It can also happen that you steal one too many mini liquor bottles from the company that handles the food and beverage for American Airlines and go to jail. But how many is too many before you get caught? Apparently that number is somewhere around 100,000.
Today Queens DA Richard Brown announced [pdf] the arrest of 18 airport workers: fifteen present and former truck drivers employed by Sky Chef, the food and beverage subsidiary for American Airlines, and three security guards. They stand accused of pilfering more than 100,000 of the mini liquor bottles, "as well as duty-free items—such as larger bottles of liquor, perfume, and cartons of cigarettes—with an overall estimated retail value of more than $750,000."