- Chinese businessman pays record price for Belgian racing pigeon
- Teenage burglar with electronic tag pulls a fast one on G4S security official
- Rich Manhattan moms hire handicapped tour guides so kids can cut lines at Disney World
- Thief who fell off getaway van loses bid for damages from DRIVER'S insurers
- Bacon Bacon aroma set to end
- Listening to Sad Songs heals the blues
- Swedish Man Dies After Trying to Have Sex With Hornet Nest
- FDNY Rescues NYPD Officer Trying To Rescue Cat From A Tree
- Texas Congressman Holding Contest for Free AR-15 Assault Rifle
- Sir Richard Branson dresses as an air stewardess after losing bet
reuters.com - By Peter Murphy – Brasilia, Brazil - A 41-year-old car washer from northeastern Brazil shocked his family by turning up at his own wake after his family mistakenly identified a murdered local man at the morgue as him, local media reported on Tuesday. Family and friends in the town of Alagoinhas in Bahia state were gathered around the body of another car washer resembling Gilberto Araujo when he showed up after being told of his "death" by a friend who had spotted him in the street.
"I said, 'guys, I'm alive, pinch me,'" Araujo told the O Globo news website. He had not seen his family for about four months until then.
His mother, shopkeeper Maria Menezes, said some of those attending the wake fainted while others fled.