- Obama Joins G-8 Allies Isolating Putin Over Assad
- Study: Reading novels makes us better thinkers
- Which Websites Are Under NSA surveillance: This May Shock You!
- Jeb Bush says Immigrants Are More Fertile - Are the Engine of Economic Prosperity
- Man calls Solihull police to complain about prostitute's looks
- Whitey Bulger defense claims he was no informant, questions credibility of prosecution witnesses
- The beer glass that only stands upright when balanced on your phone
- Mystic Derek Acorah cancels psychic show due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- Nude sculpture of pregnant Kim Kardashian unveiled in L.A.
- A New Feet in Primate Research
bostonherald.com - By Dave Wedge - Trojan is not feeling the love in the Hub as Mayor Thomas M. Menino pushes the condom king’s New York marketing firm to pull the plug on plans to hand out free vibrators on family-friendly City Hall Plaza. Menino’s property management czar, Michael Galvin, sought to kill the Manhattan firm’s buzz, firing off a letter yesterday asking Massivemedia to scrap plans to give away dozens of Trojan Vibrations sex toys.
“I would tell you in the strongest terms allowable that I feel this is an inappropriate and irresponsible use for the plaza,” Galvin wrote to Massivemedia’s Robert Rukstalis. “City Hall Plaza provides access to City Hall for constituents from all walks of life including many families and children ... I request that you find an alternative site for your product distribution.”
Legally, the city may have no leg to stand on as officials acknowledged the “public nature” of the plaza provides constitutional “protection” for the company to distribute the pulsing plastic wands. But the mayor — who took on Chick-fil-A this summer over its president’s anti-gay-marriage statements — does not want free sex toys doled out on the plaza, which frequently hosts more wholesome events, such as circuses and food festivals.